20 August 2012

TC of KG - Chapter Four

"True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked."


12:00 AM, Bed



Who needs sleep??


It's vastly overrated anyway.


Why would I waste eight hours every day doing nothing while I could be writing, reading etcetc?
Sheesh. The world is a much better place without the nocturnal napping.


12:05 AM, Still Bed


Roses are red
violets are blue
Sleeping is phew
And overrated too


That's right my high school English teacher would have died of shame.


12:07 AM, (Still Bed)^2


I think my clock is broken. There can be no other explanation. It's been in stuck at the same place for eternity. Stupid clock.


Also, nobody will mind if I go on a permanent exile right? It's not like I have to get out of bed or anything. I can permanently live in this room without seeing daylight. Yep that's the best option after what happened today (yesterday?).


Yesterday...


Shit shit shit ... Hai Devi Maiya ... On a scale of One to Ten how much do you hate me? Eleven right?


12:15 AM, (Still Bed)^3


I am not entirely sure I want to acknowledge the events that transpired yesterday. But what's the use pretending? Amma will be here at the crack of dawn waking me up, then I'll have to go to college, then I'll probably see him.


Oh God Oh God Oh God.

12:30 AM, (Still Bed)^4


Sigh.


I exited the restroom after a small pep talk. Fat load of good that did. Anyhow I gained some confidence as I convinced myself that he can't really do anything (boy was I wrong.) since there will be many others beside us there.


I went towards the tennis courts and was greeted with sight his royal pig-headedness (Arnav) and her royal bitchy-ness (Lavanya.). Gross she was literally throwing herself at him. How cheap, I mean girls these days- not a semblance of self respect.


I once again gave a small prayer to Devi maiya and approached them.


I slowly cleared my throat to gain their attention.


"Chamkilie, what the hell are you doing here?"


God, rude much? I was just about to ask her to buzz off when Arnav interrupted us.


"Leave La, I am busy right now." He said this while looking directly at me. I felt the blood rush up to me cheeks as he blandly stared at me.


She gave me chesty glare and walked off. I sighed in relief and looked down/away. He was still looking at me and I was trying to look at anything but him.


"Are just going to just stand there or are you going to take your camera out?" He finally asked.
What the hell is wrong with this guy? He was the one staring. Humph.


I quickly took out the pathetic excuse of an instrument from my bag and thrust it at him. He gave me an exasperated look.


"What are you doing?"


"Giving you my camera ... " I uncertainly muttered.


"Silly girl you are the one learning, what will I do with your camera?"


I was confused and I guess it must have shown, because he immediately said,


"Just do anything you want with it."


"What?" I stupidly asked.


"God Khushi, just use the damn camera and stop asking stupid questions."


I gave him an ugly look and looked around for a suitable specimen. I saw some people playing tennis a little away and zoomed in on it. I started clicking at it. I took multiple shots of it, not really caring how the pictures turned out. Then I turned towards the main ground where people were doing an array of things and clicked at it.


All the while I felt his intense stare on me. It made me very conscious and klutzy( well more so then usual.). His eyes were completely focused on me as noticed from the corners of my eye. He was looking at everything I was doing and it was throwing me off guard. A permanent blush settled on my face.


I turned completely away from him and tried to shoot some trees that were far off. I was completely engrossed in the task of ignoring him. Then a sudden chill ran up my spine as felt his arms completely wrap around me, holding my camera along with me, his face close to my ears. I was petrified and rooted to the spot.


"Calm down." His breath washed down my face and my blush intensified (if that's even possible.)
What the hell was he doing?


"First decide what you want to photograph, don't do it randomly. Photography is an art for which the photographer is as important as his camera. You should capture the things you want to treasure; want to remember for the rest of your life. And for god's sake look at the pictures you are taking and asses them."


His arms were still wrapped around me and butterflies ravaged my stomach. He was invading my personal space but I didn't push him off instead I was transfixed; lost in his passionate words.
I looked sideways at him and his eyes were directly on mine. I could see every colour in them; shades of brown, grey and hazel. His smouldering orbs were doing odd things to me but I was entranced, hypnotised by his heated gaze. My breath hitched and I felt all the oxygen leave my body, making me light headed. I bit my lips in desperation (a nervous habit.) and his gaze immediately snapped to them then back to my eyes. His gaze darkened and his face was mere centimetres away. In fact if I had leaned in ... .


No Khushi Kumari Gupta. Don't. Even. Go. There.


When I felt I was about to faint due to my lack of breathing a snarky voice brought us out of our trance.


"Who've you got hiding there ASR, another toy?"


His arms stiffened, tightening his grip on me and then he let go; slowly, deliberately and turned towards our intruder.


"What do you want Shyam?" he asked coolly.


Meanwhile I was still hidden behind Arnav, praying for the thin air to take me away.


The person, Shyam, looked around Arnav and caught sight of me. He racked his eyes over my form and I self consciously wrapped my arms around myself. What a slezeball.


Arnav quickly grabbed my hand and stood beside me. It was an oddly comforting gesture and I felt myself relax.


"I asked you a question." Arnav said in a clipped voice.


"Not at all your type, Arnav. She looks innocent, probably a virgin. My type." He sported a wicked smile that made my blood run cold.


I let out a gasp at his bold words.


He made a gesture to grab my free hand but Arnav was too quick for him. He pulled me more towards him wrapping his arms around my shoulders as Shyam's hand was left in mid air.


Shyam pulled his hand back and his smirk intensified.


"My, my Arnav. Protective are we? Won't you share?"


Something snapped in Arnav. He quickly let go of me and pushed Shyam back, in a sudden attack. Shyam staggered back, but his smirk was still in place.


"Calm down Arnav. You're scaring the little girl. Am I not your friend Arnav? Friends share right?"


I quickly realised things were spinning out of control as Arnav tightened his knuckles so I made a grab at them and said,


"Don't, it's not worth is."


His eyes snapped to mine momentarily then to Shyam's.


"I'll see you on court tomorrow for the first match. I promise you, you'll be in tears by the end of it."


He unclenched his fists, took hold of my hand and we swiftly walked off, leaving a scowling Shyam behind. More like he was walking and I was trailing behind as he pulled me along with him.


"Where are we going?" I finally asked him.


"Shut up Khushi." He said, not looking at me.


"But you're dragging me. I tried to pull my hands away. But his grip tightened and he stopped suddenly. I banged right into him and slightly reeled back.


He turned towards me with an angry lour which then settled into a resigned defeat and he let go of my hand. My hands suddenly felt clammy and cold, as if seeking the warmth. What a stupid reaction.


"Can't you just shut up?"


"You just dragged me half way across the campus. "


"Yes I did. You can leave now."


He then turned away, ready to leave.


What the eff?


"Hold on a sec, what the hell just happened? Aren't you going to tell me?"


He shrugged and without turning back and said,


"No."


And he swiftly walked away.


I have no idea what happened. Except that my heart beat like hell and my face was flushed beyond measure.


Who the hell did Arnav Singh Raizada think he was?


Shit, I can't even feel my eyes.


Yawn.


8:00 AM, Still in the effing Bed.


Oh fu*k.


DOOMED.


8:30 AM, Bus stop


I missed the bus. How the hell can I get to college? Hai Devi Maiya why are you torturing me like this? Don't I do pooja every morning?


9:30 AM, History.
You do this to me on purpose don't you? It's like your sudden hobby is to see me suffer.


As I was sitting in the bus stop close to tears, a white SUV pulled up. I looked up through my tear filled eyes to see ... . Go on take three guesses on who it was. That's right, none other than Laad Governor. It's like he was stalking me or fate just liked to mess with me.


"Why are you crying?"


This is getting real old, real fast- me crying, he watching.


"I missed the bus." I whined.


He walked back to his and opened the door. Then he looked over at me like I was stupid. The nerve of him.


"Get in the car."


"What?"


"Get in the damn car Khushi, or we'll both be late."


Now it was my turn to look at him like he was mad. But before he could blow his fuse, a trend I was noticing, I got up and got into his passengers seat. He got in and we drove away. An awkward silence settled around us. As we stopped at a red light, he turned to glance at me. I gave him an uncertain smile. He simply turned away. Sheesh. I wonder who thought him manners. Stupid Laad Governor.


"So are going to tell me what happened yester day?"


"What happened yesterday?"


Oh, two can play this game buddy.


"Oh I don't know. You thought me photography, we had a moment then a slezeball turned up and jeered at me to which you reacted like a crazy person then dragged me half way across the campus. .. and you know things like that."


Khushi Kumari Gupta: 1 Arnav Singh Raizada : 0


The shock was clearly visible on his face at my blunt reply which then turned into an angry scowl. Gosh what is it with his mood swings?


He suddenly brought the car to a screeching stop and the inertia propelled me forward.


"Get out."


My mouth hung open in shock.


"Didn't you hear me? I said get out." He wasn't looking at me.


I gave him an angry glare and got down while he drove off without giving me a second glance. What the heck is his problem? Then I noticed the time and ran as fast as I could( it wasn't that far off from the college.). I made it in time (barely). I was huffing and panting as I entered Political Science. I bet I looked like a mess.


Sigh.


Do normal people have this much drama in their lives?


12:50 PM, Lunch


I wonder where Priya went. I haven't seen her since yesterday.


Oh well.


The good thing is I don't have Photography today. Thank God.


Hopefully I don't run into Arnav. Then my day will be perfect. Speaking of, I wonder what happened to our Photography lessons. Should I take his morning reaction as a plain 'buzz off'?


Shit I am going to fail photography


4:00 PM, Home.


Hmmm. I guess the tutoring is still on, at least I think that's what he meant. I guess Tennis matches do have their benefits. Meh, whatever.


Will I ever understand you Arnav Singh Raizada?

No comments:

Post a Comment